• Congratulations to…
▪ South Lane School District Employees of the Year: CG High School Teacher Michele Hilton and CG High School Lead Custodian Brian Anderson. They will be honored at the Jan 19 Chamber of Commerce Awards Banquet.
▪ Tucker’s Cupboard Volunteers for cleaning up the Row River Bike Trail on the first weekend of each month. The local nonprofit organization provides limited financial assistance to dog owners.
• Lane County “Point-in-Time” Homeless Count needs volunteers! On Thursday, Jan. 31 from 8:30-11:30 am, volunteers will collect electronic surveys using the Survey 123 app while canvassing an assigned geographic area looking for people experiencing unsheltered homelessness. A short training is provided prior to the count. For more information and to sign up to volunteer, visit www.LaneCounty.org/HomelessCount.
• South Lane Wheels begins a new partnership with Lane Transit District for local service on Jan 14. In an effort to provide quicker, more efficient service LTD & South Lane Wheels launch a one-year pilot of the LTD Connector. Mobility on Demand (MOD) operates within the CG city limits from Jan 14, 2019 thru Feb 2, 2020. Continued service depends on success of the pilot project. Service hours: M-F 7 am-7:30 pm, Cost: $1/ride For more info: www.ltd.org/system-map/route_MOD
• Friends of the Cottage Grove Carousel is nearing completion of the vintage carousel donated to the people of Cottage Grove. More money is needed immediately to complete the lights and murals. To help keep the project moving along, call Don Williams at 541-942-4752, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cgcarousel.com or Facebook page.
• Friends of the Swinging Bridge continue to work with the City of Cottage Grove to replace this iconic much loved footbridge. All donations are placed in a restricted fund for this purpose only. Bridge repair is expected next fall. Follow the progress on the Friends of the Cottage Grove Swinging Bridge on Facebook.
• Historic Church At London needs community support to repair its 159-year-old Bell Tower. Repair estimates are between $4,000-$6,000. To make a donation call Gretchen Spears at 541- 844-6616 or send an email to her at email@example.com.
• Beds for Freezing Nights needs volunteers & financial support. This nonprofit all-volunteer organization provides City-certified emergency warming centers each winter from Nov 15 to Mar 31 that allows individuals & families to come in from the cold on subfreezing nights. Help needed immediately! More info at www.freezingnights.com.
• The City of Cottage Grove seeks applicants for two seats on the Budget Committee and one seat on the Audit Committee. The deadline to apply is 5:00 pm, This Wednesday (1/16). Visit www.cottagegrove.org for more information and to apply. Applications are also available at City Hall.
• Aprovecho wants to hear from you! The 35-year-old non-profit sustainability research center east of Cottage Grove is temporarily closing to re-envision and launch a new community organization. Board members seek local community input to shape what Aprovecho can be in the future. They invite you to take a brief survey at: http://bit.ly/2S2MN90 . For more info contact the Transition Team at 541-942-8198 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• American Heritage Girls Troop needs a treasurer. The new faith-based youth leadership group meets Tuesdays at 7-8 pm at the VFW Hall, 3160 Hillside Dr. For more info call Sandy Cameron at 541-942-6417.
• Translated Movie now on DVD. If you missed seeing it at the Valley River Cinema, you can purchase it for $14.99 using this website: https://pathway.media/buy-translated-cindy/ Translated is a unique movie written, directed and produced by Cottage Grove native & former Sentinel Sports Reporter Jerry E. Thompson, who used local actors and Oregon locations with many in Cottage Grove! Nominated for best screenplay at the Christian International Film Festival. Plot: What if the Apostle Paul came to our time? (For a non-Internet purchase option call 541-915-0113.)
• Cottage Theatre 2019 Season Tickets now on sale. Save $30 on the four productions at www.cottagetheatre.org or call 541-942-8001 for more info.
• Central Lane Habitat for Humanity 10th Annual Crab Feed Tickets now on sale. Saturday, Feb 9, 5 pm, CG Armory Tickets: $30 available at The Bookmine or online at www.habitatlane.org. This event always sells out so buy tickets now. Dinner is served “family-style” (no buffet line). Anyone buying 6 or 8 pre-sale tickets will have a reserved table. Call Linda Oxley at 541-767-0358 for more info.
• The City needs volunteers to fill three at-large positions on the Vision Keepers Committee. Vision Keepers meet quarterly to monitor the progress of the CG 2037 Vision action plan. Applications are available at City Hall, the Library or online at www.cottagegrove.org. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, January 30, at 5 pm.