October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month Did you know? Besides skin cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among American women. In 2019, it's estimated that about 30% of newly diag-nosed cancers in women will be breast cancers.
• Congratulations to…
▪ Coast Fork Farm Stand Organizers & Customers celebrating 10 years of providing fresh local produce and organic products in South Lane County!
▪ Mayor’s Ball Organizers, Sponsors & Participants for creating a memorable evening of dining, dancing and donating last Saturday night to continue the renovation work on the historic armory building. A highlight of the event was the shredding of the mortgage so the building is now solely owned by the City of Cottage Grove!
▪ American Legion Members, Lane County Homes for Good Housing Agency, and other local partners for inviting community members to participate in the development of four tiny houses for veterans on the corner of Ash and I Street.
• Community Volunteer Opportunties List Visit the KNND Radio online calendar at www.knnd.com to discover the many opportunities for individuals and families to be do-gooders and have some fun, too!
• Eugene YMCA now hiring to expand after-school program in South Lane School District Currently the program is offered at Harrison School and the Y wants to offer it at other schools. For more info: www.eugeneymca.org/jobs For questions or to submit resume send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Friends of the Cottage Grove Carousel To learn about upcoming fundraisers & how you can help make this dream a reality, visit www.cgcarousel.com or its Facebook page or call Don Williams at 541-942-4752.
• Community Sharing calls for volunteers! Help needed with unloading a truck, shelving food, managing the clothes closet & assisting clients. Interested? Call 541-942-2176 for more information.
• Library Needs English-Spanish Tech Help Volunteers on Saturdays from 10 am-Noon. Call 541-942-3828 for info.
• Library November Special Offerings: Hispanic Heritage Month: Check out special display related to Hispanic Heritage & Contemporary Latinx Culture & Partners in History Exhibit: Local Pioneer Families
• South Valley Resource Alliance (SVRA) is a nonprofit organization that partners with Food for Lane County to offer free food distribution to South Lane County residents who experience hunger or food insecurity. To cover the cost of renting a truck to deliver the food, SVRA invites the community to pitch in “A Buck for a Truck”. For more info go to southvalleyresourcealliance.org.
• Pickleball Anyone? Open play Pickleball every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 9 am- Noon-ish at the Coiner Park Tennis Courts, Free activity all are welcome. For more info call Ken at 503-318-8915 or Chris at 541-914-5937.
• CG High School Student Assistance Fund allows students to remain in school and be prepared for whatever career path they choose. The fund pays for: car repair to get to a job that requires transportation; activity participation fee, equipment and supplies; school events outside the classroom; work clothing & safety equipment; and tutoring fees. Community contributions are essential to the fund’s success. To make a donation call Vicki Evans at 541.942.3391