• Congratulations to…
▪ Yard of the Week Winner: 1145 Birch Avenue Submit nominations by calling 541-942-5501 or 541-942-2411 or send email to email@example.com
▪ Family Relief Nursery Executive Director Diane Hazen, Board, Staff & Families raised $15,000 at its annual Sigh of Relief luncheon on June 20.
▪ CG Community Foundation for providing $98,580 to members of the CG High School Class of 2017. The money was divided among 80 students and was provided by endowment funds.
• Bohemia Mining Days all-day ride bracelet coupons now on sale at CG Bi-mart. Limited number of tickets available for $22/each. ($30 during the carnival) Good for any day (July 13-16) redeem for bracelet at ticket booth in Bohemia Park. Extra savings for multiple kiddos on Thursday’s “Buddy Day” – buy one get one free special. Tickets sold through Thursday, July 13 at 3 pm.
• Award-winning a cappella country music group Home Free performs in the Bohemia Park Amphitheater to support Bohemia Mining Days on Friday, July 14 at 8 pm. NO tickets sold on site. Advance tickets ($15) available at www.TicketsWest.com and CG Bi-Mart. For more info visit: www.bohemiaminingdays.org Win a Home Free VIP Concert Package! First Prize: A private “meet & greet” with the band, 2 front of the house tickets (table seating), a complimentary bottle of wine and two souvenir backstage passes. Second Prize: 2 General Admission tickets. Drawing Purchase $5 drawing tickets online via BMD website or from a board member or by calling 541-942-5064.
• Bohemia Mining Days Festival applications for vendors, volunteers and the Saturday Morning Grand Miners Parade are now available at KNND, The Sentinel, the Community Center Information Desk and the CG Public Library or download from the festival website or call the Festival Office: 541-942-5064
• CG Historical Museum current exhibit features christening gowns from the late 19th & early 20th Centuries (thru Labor Day) Buster Keaton’s The General movie exhibits continues. Hours: Friday thru Sunday, 1-4 pm, corner of H & Birch
• CG Library’s Summer Outdoor Adventure Registration Underway Now is the time to sign up kids 3-17 for the Library’s fabulous Friday field trips this summer. Space is limited and trips are filling up fast.
• Swinging Bridge Restoration Fundraising Opportunity for City water users. The monthly water bill now offers a “Round Up for the Swinging Bridge” donation. Whatever amount is donated is placed in a City trust fund dedicated to the swinging bridge repair costs. Round up to the nearest dollar of your water bill or make a larger donation to the project. For more info call the Friends of the Swinging Bridge organizer Dana Merryday at 541-942-7037.
• CG Pay It Forward needs a large building to store their donated items and then give them for free to people who need them. A donated building to the 501c3 nonprofit organization would be tax deductible to the donor.
• Eugene Symphony CG Concert Candy Fundraiser Extra Large Milk Chocolate & Milk Chocolate with Almonds & Toffee Chips now available for $5 at City Hall, Community Center, Middlefield Golf Course, The Sentinel & The Bookmine