• Congratulations to…
▪ London School Faculty, Staff, Students, Parent Club & Community Supporters who had an enjoyable evening on Saturday dining and dancing and raising money for the school’s music and arts programs.
▪ Downtown Clean Up Volunteers for your community spirit and civic pride that give up your beautiful Saturday morning pulling weeds and picking up trash.
• Friends of the Cottage Grove Carousel is nearing completion of the vintage carousel donated to the people of Cottage Grove. May fundraisers are Mother’s Day Teas (5/11) and the Cascade Barbershop Chorus concert (5/19). For more info on these upcoming events & how you can help make this dream a reality, visit www.cgcarousel.com or its Facebook page or call Don at 541-942-4752.
• Translated Movie on DVD If you missed seeing it at the Valley River Cinema, you can purchase it for $14.99 using this website: https://pathway.media/buy-translated-cindy/ Translated depicts the Apostle Paul supernaturally transported to present day Oregon. Local Grover, Jerry E. Thompson, used lots of local actors & places. For info on group fundraising opportunity call 541.915.0113.
• 14th Annual Main Street Hanging Basket Project Deadline Approaching Purchase one (or more) $20 hanging flower baskets to honor a person, business or beloved pet and help beautify Main Street between River Road and Gateway Boulevard this summer. Deadline is 5/17. Make check payable to: Main Street Cottage Grove Hanging Basket Project. All donations are tax deductible. Make donation in person at City Hall or mail to 400 E. Main St., Cottage Grove, OR 97424. For more info send email to: email@example.com.
• Join the 2020 Census Team Supervisory & Non-supervisory position available in Lane County for $17.50-$19.50/hr Great pay. Flexible hours. Weekly pay. Paid training. Apply online at 2020census.gov/jobs or call 1-855-562-2020.
• Cottage Grove Safe Haven, a non-profit organization furnishing its first transitional house for recovering women, needs furniture and household goods. If you have something to donate, please call Billie Bird at 541-228-4751 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org . They also seek new volunteer board members. For more info call Dolores Anderson at 541-654-6734 or Elain Burns at 541-510-4228.
• Tucker’s Cupboard is a new nonprofit organization that provides some financial assistance to K-9 owners living in the South Lane School District who struggle to adequately care for the dogs. For more info call Lynn at 541-942-9211.
• Household Hazardous Waste Roundup, Saturday, May 11, 8 am-2 pm, Harrison Avenue Fire Station. Bring arts & crafts products, car care products, cleaners, fluorescent tubes, lawn & garden chemicals, paints & solvents (anything with the words: danger, warning or caustic) Keep in original labeled container or label known items. No electronics. Limit: 35 gallons/per household. Sponsored by Lane County Waste Mgmt, City of CG & South Lane County Fire & Rescue.