• Congratulations to…
▪ CG Area Chamber of Commerce, Main Street Program, Downtown Businesses & Community Organizations that provided sweet treats to 1000+ costumed Halloween trick-or-treaters in the Historic District last Wednesday.
• To learn more about Cottage Grove’s history visit our three local museums:
▪ CG Museum offers a wonderful glimpse into “the attic of our community” revealing all kinds of historical treasures.
Hours: Sat & Sun, 1-4 pm on the corner of H & Birch. Current Exhibit: Photo display of Animal House Parade filming
▪ Bohemia Gold Mining Museum is a great way to discover Cottage Grove’s rich mining heritage. Hours: Thu-Sat,
1-4 pm; Suggested Donation: $2/person Info: www.bohemiagoldminingmuseum.com
▪ Oregon Aviation History Center (across from the Cottage Theatre) offers displays and information on Oregon’s
Early aviation history that set safety standards for the country. View several vintage aircrafts being restored in the
hanger. Hours: M-Th 10 am-4 pm
• Friends of the Cottage Grove Carousel is nearing completion of the vintage carousel donated to the people of Cottage Grove. More money is needed immediately to complete the lights and murals. To help keep the project moving along,call Don Williams at 541-942-4752, Email email@example.com or visit www.cgcarousel.com or Facebook page.
• CG High School Student Council hosts Veterans Appreciation Lunch, Friday, Nov 9, 10:45 am, 1375 S. River Rd. Local veterans are invited to join students for lunch in the school cafeteria and be honored for their service to our country. Please call Lisa Thoms at 541-942-3391 with your RSVP or for more information on the event.
• Beds for Freezing Nights needs volunteers & financial support. This nonprofit all-volunteer organization provides city-certified emergency warming centers each winter from Nov 15 to Mar 31 that allows individuals & families to come in from the cold on subfreezing nights. Help needed immediately! More info at www.freezingnights.com.
• Eugene Mission has an immediate need for the following items: Men’s Shoes (Size 10-12), Men’s & Women’s Underwear (sizes L & XL), and Men’s & Women’s Coats (all sizes & styles). Call 541-344-3251 for more info.
• LCC-Cottage Grove Center seeks Winter & Spring Term Instructors. Specifically looking for instructors in writing, cooking and gardening courses but open to a variety of offerings for those with a passion and the skills and abilities to share with others. Email interest letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Community Help Needed for VFW Auxiliary Soldier Holiday Boxes. Boxes will be mailed the first week of December.Collection barrels with list of suggested items needed are located at Freedom Fitness (former Moose Lodge), Anytime Fitness, CG Bowling Alley, Cascade Home Center and the VFW Post (3160 Hillside Dr.) They also need the names and addresses of soldiers serving abroad who are willing to accept the box and distribute the contents among soldiers in their unit. Cash donations to cover postage are also welcome.
• Habitat for Humanity of Central Lane’s Cottage Grove Office has moved. The new location is at ReMax Advantage building, 78314 Hwy 99S. Office hours are weekdays (except Wed) from 10 am-5 pm. Same phone: 541-767-0358
• Got your winning ticket in the annual Great Rotary Duck Race? The CG Family Relief Nursery will receive funding from the event. Get your tickets from local Rotarians and at participating businesses displaying the Duck Race logo. Virtual Race, Thursday, Nov. 8 at 6:20 pm on KEZI News. Info: www.greatrotaryraffle.com
• Eugene Soroptimists invite Cottage Grove area women to apply for the Live Your Dream: Education and Training Awards for Women Open to women who serve as the primary wage earners for their families and seek financial assistance to continue their education or receive training. Applications are available at bit.ly/LYDA-apply, or by contacting Gale Smith at 541-514-1301 or send email at email@example.com. Application deadline: 11/15