• Congratulations to:
▪ Yard of the Week: 520 Holly Ave. Last week to submit nominations for this year. Call 541-942-5501 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CG Chamber Office at 541-942-2411. Thanks to sponsors: City of CG, Chamber of Commerce & CG Sentinel. See photo at www.cottagegrove.org & CG Sentinel
▪ Swinging Bridge Champions: (City staff) Richard Meyers, Amanda Ferguson, Faye Stewart & Kenneth Roberts (SB Friends) Dana Merryday, Steve Barnes, Judy Howell-Smith, & Suzanne Phillips for supporting our state grant application for bridge restoration in a Salem hearing last week.
▪ Happy Birthday ForestWeb! Members of this all-volunteer local grassroots environmental group that advocates for healthy forests, watersheds and wildlife celebrated the organization’s 10th anniversary last Sunday at the Axe & Fiddle. For more info: www.forestweb-cg.org
• CG Museum offers a wonderful glimpse into “the attic of our community” revealing all kinds of historical treasures. New fall hours: Saturday & Sunday, 1-4 pm on the corner of H & Birch.
• City Youth Advisory Council (YAC) Members Wanted. Any youth in grades 7-12 living within the South Lane School District may apply. For more info call 541-942-5501 or visit www.cottagegrove.org/yac
• Swinging Bridge Restoration Fundraising Opportunity for City water users. The monthly water bill now offers a “Round Up for the Swinging Bridge” donation. Whatever amount is donated is placed in a City trust fund dedicated to the swinging bridge repair costs. Round up to the nearest dollar of your water bill or make a larger donation to the project. For more info call the Friends of the Swinging Bridge organizer Dana Merryday at 541-942-7037.
• Cottage Grove Business Challenge is an opportunity for entrepreneurs looking to start a business in Cottage Grove to win some startup money and some wonderful publicity. To enter, submit an Executive Summary of your business by Sept 25. Judges will choose their top three picks: first prize is $6,000, second $3,000, and third $1,000 toward getting your business off the ground! Rules and more info at: http://cottagegrovebusinesschallenge.com.
• Free Produce & Groceries are locally available by calling FOOD for Lane County at 541-343-2822 to find out best location for you to bring your own bags & boxes.
• Banner Bank Food Drive during the month of September drop off non-perishable food or cash donations for Community Sharing in the lobby or drive-up. With holiday food baskets coming up soon, your support for hungry families is much needed now. The Community Sharing Pantry is currently very low on food supplies (for pets, too).
• Cottage Grove Carousel Capital Campaign continues to create a home for a vintage carousel donated to the people of Cottage Grove. For additional information call Don Williams at 541-942-4752 or email email@example.com.
• Great Rotary Raffle Tickets On Sale for Friday, October 13 drawing at 4 pm at Sheppard Motors to prevent child abuse. Tickets are available from Rotarians and locally at Dari-Mart. The CG Family Relief Nursery is one of the benefitting organizations this year.
• Habitat for Humanity ReStore offers wide variety of household items in addition to building supplies at reduced prices. Special End-of-Summer Sale: 50% off All Yard/Garden Items & 25% off Patio Furniture. Donations are welcome and volunteers are needed. Visit Habitat Office & Warehouse at 2155 Getty Circle, Unit 1 in the CG Industrial Park. Call 541-767-0358 or email firstname.lastname@example.org