• Congratulations to…
▪ Lane County Commissioner Faye Stewart on his new job as the City of Cottage Grove’s Public Works & Development Director effective March 31. Thanks for your many years of service to the people of Lane County!
▪ City Public Works Director Jan Wellman for a long & successful career in public service. Best wishes to Jan and his wife Faith for much enjoyment in the newest season of your lives.
▪ Lincoln Middle School Students for raising $3,000+ and dividing it between Community Sharing and Africa Bridge to improve the lives of children with HIV/AIDS.
▪ South Lane School District Board and Taypayers for last Thursday afternoon’s groundbreaking ceremony for the new Harrison Elementary School on Taylor Avenue.
▪ City Youth Advisory Committee Members Ian Dukes, Emma Meyers, Jennifer McReynolds, M.J. Raade & Tori Raade for testifying in Salem last Friday on HB 3030 to limit the availability of nitrous oxide canisters to youth and to Rep. Cedric Hayden supporting the effort and introducing the bill this session.
▪ Humane Society of Cottage Grove , KNND, David “Elvis” Lomond, Johnny Callas Band, Dallas McCord, Cameron Reiten & Terry Paxton who donated their time for Saturday’s successful Jamboree benefit. In 2016, the HSCG provided Spay & Neuter Assistance for 592 cats & dogs, Transferred 210 cats & dogs to appropriate shelters and put 15,968 miles on the van.
• Beware CG High School Athletics Poster Ad Scam! The school only uses the CGHS Marketing Class for this purpose.
• East Lane County Commissioner Vacancy Online applications due by Thursday, April 6 at 5 pm. For more info on the position and qualifications visit www.lanecounty.org . The Board of Commissioners will interview selected applicants on Wednesday, April 12. The interviews will be conducted in a public forum.
• CGTV is back! Watch it weeknights from 7-9 pm on Channel 38.3 on the South Lane Television translator system. Enjoy the same family friendly content as before. The broadcasts combine coverage of our local festivities, with some interesting documentaries from around our state, our nation, and the world. For more information contact Dan Hill at 541-767-8516.
• Award-winning a cappella country music group Home Free performs in the Bohemia Park Amphitheater to support Bohemia Mining Days on Friday, July 14 at 8 pm. NO tickets sold on site. Advance tickets ($20-$40) now available at www.TicketsWest.com. For more info visit: www.homefreemusic.com
• AARP Free Tax Aid Service [Continues thru Apr 12] Wednesdays from 10:30 am-2:30 pm at CG Community Center. No Appointments/First come-first served. Sign-up at 8 am. Bring SS card for everyone on the return + photo ID.
• CG Museum March Exhibits Doctors & Medicine in early Cottage Grove, Antique doll collection & Buster Keaton. Located on the corner of H and Birch Ave. Hours: Saturday & Sunday, 1-4 pm
• Cottage Grove Carousel Capital Campaign is now underway to place an antique, donated carousel on Main Street. For additional information call Don Williams at 541-942-4752 or send an email to email@example.com.
• Earth Day Celebration Call for Vendors & Volunteers for the Saturday, April 22 event from 10 am-4 pm at Coiner Park. For a free booth space or to be a volunteer call 541-767-9717 or visit www.coastfork.org
• CG Library Youth Art Show, April 1-30: Call for submissions from 6-12th Graders. Submit entries by March 28.
• Opal Center High School Lip Sync (Canceled)