• Congratulations to Yard of the Week Winner: 675 Harding Submit nominations of a single family residence inside the city limits to the Chamber of Commerce (541-942-2411) or City Hall (541-942-5501). In addition to the honor of the Yard of the Week sign in front of their house, winners receive a one-month credit on their water bill from the City, a gift certificate to local businesses from the Chamber and a one-year subscription from the CG Sentinel. See pics at www.cottagegrove.org
• Fire Season Level: HIGH! Fire authorities’ now prohibit (until further notice) no mowing of dry grass from 10 am to 8 pm within City limits and in rural areas in Lane County.
• Call for vendors & volunteers (Last call this week for volunteers needed by BMD & Triathalon)
▪ Bohemia Mining Days (7/19-21) Email: bmd@BohemiaMiningDays.org
▪ Tri at The Grove (7/21) Email: email@example.com (Triathalon at CG Lake)
▪ WOE Family Fair (8/17-19) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Friends of the Cottage Grove Carousel is restoring a vintage carousel donated to the people of Cottage Grove. More money is needed immediately to continue the restoration process. To help keep the project moving along, call Don Williams at 541-942-4752, Email email@example.com or visit www.cgcarousel.com or Facebook page.
• Hurry! Last Call for Bohemia Mining Days Discount All-Day Ride Bracelet Coupons at Cottage Grove Bi-Mart and Scarpelli’s Short Stop. A limited amount are available on first come-first served basis while supplies last. Advance price: $22 thru Thursday, July 19 at 3 pm. Thursday is “Buddy Day” 2-for-1 ticket. Great family value! On-site price: $30.
• Bohemia Mining Days is still accepting applications for vendors, volunteers and the Grand Miners’ Parade. Download applications on festival website or call the office at 541.942.5064
• Community help still needed for Smith Family On June 22 the family lost their home and all their belongings in a house fire. Help is still needed: www.gofundme.com/h2y4j-smith-family-house-burnt-down
• South Valley Athletics Fall Soccer & Volleyball Registration Underway thru Aug. 6. Soccer: 4 years old thru 8th grade; Volleyball: 3rd thru 6th graders; Fees: $50-$80; Register in office (211 N. 9th Street), online at www.familyid.com or at mass registration on Aug 4 at Bohemia School. For more info: www.southvalleyathletics.org
• Stacy’s Covered Bridge Restaurant Hours Change Beginning this week the popular restaurant will no longer be open on Mondays to give the Solomon Family and their staff more time to enjoy life!
• Best Little Printhouse Owner Teresa Walker Medical Expenses Fundraiser: For details of their dire need for community support go to: www.gofundme.com/teresa-and-kurt-walkermedical-fund
• To learn more about Cottage Grove’s history visit our three local museums:
▪ CG Museum offers a wonderful glimpse into “the attic of our community” revealing all kinds of historical treasures. Hours: Saturday & Sunday, 1-4 pm on the corner of H & Birch.
▪ Bohemia Gold Mining Museum is bigger and better in its new location in the historic Boots & Sandals Square Dance Barn (across from Bohemia Park). Lots of displays and artifacts, replica of miner’s cabin, Bohemia Mountain mural & more! It’s a great way to discover Cottage Grove’s rich mining heritage. Hours: Thu-Sat, 1-4 pm Suggested Donation: $2/person Info: www.bohemiagoldminingmuseum.com
▪ Oregon Aviation History Center (across from the Cottage Theatre) offers displays and information on Oregon’s early aviation history that set safety standards for the country. View several vintage aircrafts being restored in the hanger. Hours: M-Th 10 am-4 pm
• South Valley Athletics Soccer Field Improvements $10K GoFund-Me Campaign now underway to improve the field next to LCC-CG Center that would pay for leveling, irrigation, fertilization, seed and drainage improvements to create two additional practice fields and an alternative game field for youth sports activities. Help our kids stay active!
• Support Cottage Grove Pool Upgrades by making a donation at www.generosity.com and helping achieve the campaign’s $25,000 goal. In May 2016, South Lane voters approved a bond measure that earmarked $5.1 million. Project costs have increased requiring an additional $600K to purchase and install a brand new fast tank for racing, a 20-yd warm water lap pool, new plumbing, dressing rooms and new deck.