• Congratulations to…
▪ South Lane Fire & Rescue Strike Team Members who returned last Friday from fighting the California wildfires.
▪ Members of the Elks Lodge BPOE #1904 for the success of its 20th Veterans Appreciation Dinner & USO Show and their ongoing commitment to support veterans in our community.
▪ Members of the Veterans of Foreign Wars & American Legion & Veterans Day Ceremony Participants for their efforts to organize a memorable community observance of Veterans Day on Monday morning.
• Community Volunteer Opportunties List is available on the KNND website www.knnd.com, click on the CALENDAR tab to discover the many opportunities for individuals and families to be do-gooders and have some fun, too!
• VFW & Auxiliary Seek Donations for Christmas Care Packages to Troops Overseas! Supply lists and collection bins at VFW Post (3160 Hillside Dr.), Bowling Alley, Freedom Fitness (733 Hwy 99), Lincoln Middle School & CG High School. In addition to individual items on list, cards & letters and cash donations for postage is also requested. Deadline 11/15.
• Eugene YMCA now hiring to expand after-school program in South Lane School District Currently the program is offered at Harrison School and the Y wants to offer it at other schools. For more info: www.eugeneymca.org/jobs For questions or to submit resume send email to: email@example.com
• Friends of the Cottage Grove Carousel To learn about upcoming fundraisers & how you can help make this dream a reality, visit www.cgcarousel.com or its Facebook page or call Don Williams at 541-942-4752.
• Community Sharing calls for volunteers! Help needed with unloading a truck, shelving food, managing the clothes closet & assisting clients. Interested? Call 541-942-2176 for more information.
• Library November Special Offerings:
Hispanic Heritage Month: Check out special display related to Hispanic Heritage & Contemporary Latinx Culture
Partners in History Exhibit: Local Pioneer Families
Drawings by Rick Bartow, one of America’s most prominent contemporary Native American artists.
• Pickleball Anyone? Open play Pickleball every Mon/Thu/Sat from 9 am-Noon & Tue 9-11 am at Riverside Church Gym, 1255 S. River Rd. Free activity & all are welcome. For more info call Ken at 503-318-8915 or Chris at 541-914-5937.
• CG High School Student Assistance Fund allows students to remain in school and be prepared for whatever career path they choose. The fund pays for: car repair to get to a job that requires transportation; activity participation fee, equipment and supplies; school events outside the classroom; work clothing & safety equipment; and tutoring fees. Community contributions are essential to the fund’s success. To make a donation call Vicki Evans at 541-942-3391
• NAMI Family Support Group available: The National Alliance of Mental Illness now hosts meetings on the First & Third Tuesdays from 6-7:30 pm at the ROP Building (formerly Healing Matrix), 632 E. Main St. The support group welcomes anyone who has a loved one struggling with mental illness. Info: 541-343-7688 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Beds for Freezing Nights Needs Community Support: Save a life this winter! To volunteer, donate or get more information go to: www.freezingnights.com
• Safe Haven Women’s Recovery House Sponsor-A-Bed Fundraiser, The new facility has vacancies for four additional women. To sponsor a bed or get more information about residency call 541-946-3234.
• City Leaf Pickup begins Nov. 12. Details available on the city website: www.cottagegrove.org
• City-wide Water Distribution Lines Flushing via Hydrants continues thru Nov 24 to clear build-up of mineral deposits in the pipes. The process can create temporary discoloration of tap water but the treated water is still safe to drink.
• Celebrate Recovery meeting day change, Thursday, 6:30 pm, Calvary Chapel, 1447 N. Pacific Hwy (next to Goodwill)