• Congratulations to:
▪ Yard of the Week Winner: 1033 Polk Submit nominations by calling 541-942-5501 or send email to email@example.com or call the CG Chamber Office at 541-942-2411. Thanks to sponsors: City of CG, Chamber of Commerce & CG Sentinel. See photo at www.cottagegrove.org & CG Sentinel (Section B)
▪ Emergency Preparedness Fair Organizers for providing another successful event of important information, fun and great BBQ!
• Aug 21 Total Eclipse from beginning to end will last 2 hours and 33 minutes. Eugene will have a 61% chance of clear skies. It will begin at 9:04 am with a 99.5% obscuration at 10:17 am. The celestial event ends at 11:37 am. Safety glasses available at Walmart for $1 or buy local for $2 at Delight, 538 E. Main St.
• CG Museum Current Exhibit: christening gowns from the late 19th & early 20th Centuries (thru Labor Day) Buster Keaton’s The General movie exhibits continues. Hours: Friday thru Sunday, 1-4 pm, corner of H & Birch
• South Lane Fire & Rescue Fire Season Restrictions are detailed in a proclamation issued on June 29 by Chief John Wooten. The document limits use of outdoor equipment during certain times of the day under different conditions. Visit www.southlanefire.org or call 541-942-4493 for more information on what activity is prohibited in the current high fire danger conditions.
• It’s WOE Heritage Fair Week! Community-minded individuals and families needed this weekend to help produce Cottage Grove’s own old-fashioned country fair and lumberjack show (85th Year!), Aug. 18-20. To sign up call Ken at 541-658-9230. The exhibit book is on the website at www.woeheritagefair.com and at selected locations around town with details on categories. Drop off exhibits entries on Wed. Noon to 8 pm & Thu. 8-Noon
• Enjoy family-friendly programming on CGTV- 38.3 weeknights from 7-9 pm on the South Lane Television translator system. The broadcasts combine coverage of our local festivities, with some interesting documentaries from around our state, our nation, and the world. For more information contact Dan Hill at 541-767-8516.
• Cottage Grove Carousel Capital Campaign is underway to create a home for a vintage carousel donated to the people of Cottage Grove. For additional information call Don Williams at 541-942-4752 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Swinging Bridge Restoration Fundraising Opportunity for City water users. The monthly water bill now offers a “Round Up for the Swinging Bridge” donation. Whatever amount is donated is placed in a City trust fund dedicated to the swinging bridge repair costs. Round up to the nearest dollar of your water bill or make a larger donation to the project. For more info call the Friends of the Swinging Bridge organizer Dana Merryday at 541-942-7037.