The Cottage Grove Elks Lodge serves community meals each Friday night. Proceeds benefit programs and services to help a variety of charities and local causes. All meals are served from 5-7 pm. The Club is located at 755 N. River Rd. For more information call 541-942-3554.
First Friday Chicken Fried Steak $6.50 per person
Second Friday Chicken Dinner $6.50 per person
Third Friday Steak Feed $9 per person
Fourth Friday Fish Fry $5-9 per person depending on # of fish pieces ordered
Wednesday Nights: Bingo Burgers 5:30-7 pm
Opportunities for individuals and families to be do-gooders and have some fun, too!
4-H Clubs need more adult volunteers now! For list of open positions: http://extension.oregonstate.edu/lane/become-4-h-leader
Bohemia Mining Days seeks creative, history-loving individuals to plan BMD’s 60th Anniversary, July 18-20. Call 541-942-5064.
City Library & Community Center recruiting tweens & teens to assist with daily operations & special events. Call 541-942-1185.
Community Sharing needs office & pantry volunteers most days from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. For details call 541-942-2176.
CG Carousel needs volunteers for restoration, grant writing, & fundraising. Call 541-915-0113 for info.
CG Habitat for Humanity needs volunteers for on-site builds. Visit www.habitatlane.org or call 541-767-0358.
CG Humane Society needs This-N-That thrift store volunteers. Drop by 33 N. 8 St. for more info.
CG Hospital Auxiliary invites you to join this active, fun group to raise money for local healthcare needs. Call 541-942-3671.
CG Historical Society needs volunteer research librarians on Fri & Sat. Training provided. Email: email@example.com
Cottage Theatre needs ushers, set painters, office helpers, and more. Visit www.cottagetheatre.org or call 541-942-8001.
Meals on Wheels needs drivers for local deliveries. Call 541-682-9261 for more information.
Opal Center for Arts & Education needs variety of volunteers. More info: www.opalcentercg.org OR
Aviation Historical Society needs volunteers to index historical documents and host museum hours. Call 541-767-0244.
Senior Companion Program needs volunteers (55+ & low income) for 15 hrs/week with 40-cent per mile reimbursement to support frail elders & disabled individuals to prolong their independence. For more info contact Beth Brooks at 541-463-6263.
Soup’s On Weekly Community Meal needs a volunteer to conduct fundraising & community outreach. Other volunteers needed to help prepare and serve the Sunday evening free meal. For more info call 541-501-3647.
WOE Heritage Fair needs volunteers year-round for variety of positions. Info at www.woeheritagefair.com
EVENT: Thru 4/20 - NASA Discover Exoplanets Exhibit, Monday-Saturday, CG Library, 700 E. Gibbs Ave.
MTG: 2/19 - U.S. Senator Ron Wyden Town Hall Meeting, Tue, 1:30 pm, CGHS Cafeteria, 1375 S. River Rd.
MTG: 2/22 - CG Chamber of Commerce Annual Business Meeting, Fri, Noon, Stacy’s Restaurant, RSVP 541-942-2411
MUSIC: 2/22 - Richie G & MA Beat (Americana, country, folk) Fri, 6:30 pm, Saginaw Vineyard, 80247 Delight Valley Rd.
EVENT: 2/23 - Ducks Unlimited Banquet, Sat, 5 pm Doors open; 6:30 pm Dinner & Auction, Tkts: $75 www.OR.ducks.org
EVENT: 2/25 - CG Library hosts Oregon’s Poet Laureate Kim Stafford, Mon, 7 pm, Shepherd Room, 700 E. Gibbs Ave.
EVENT: 2/26 - Science Pub, Tue, 5-7 pm, Axe & Fiddle, 657 E. Main St. Topic: Large Scale Floodplain Restoration
EVENT: 3/02 - CG High School Bird Walk, Sat, 8-11 am, meet behind school on R St. firstname.lastname@example.org
FOOD: 3/05 - “Fat Tuesday” Pancake Dinner, 5-7 pm, OLPH Catholic Church, 1025 N. 19th St., $5/person; $20/family
• LCC-Cottage Grove Center: Check out the variety of personal enrichment classes and career training opportunities offered in Cottage Grove. For details visit www.lanecc.edu/cottagegrove or stop by the Center at 1275 S. River Rd, or call 541-463-4202. Did you know, the LCC Center has a variety of great rooms available for rent at a nominal fee for your events.
• The Health Hub: Offers fitness and recreation classes for people of all ages and abilities, from babies to seniors. Drop by 1133 E. Main St. to pick up current calendar of activities. More info: www.healthhubcg.com or call 541-915-6349.
• Cottage Grove Museum: 1-4 pm, Corner of Birch Ave & H Street, Free admission & donations welcome. Offers a wonderful glimpse into “the attic of our community” revealing all kinds of historical treasures. Current Exhibit: Valentine’s Day
• Cottage Theatre Romeo & Juliet, 2:30 pm, 700 Village Dr. Info: www.cottagetheatre.org Bound in the eternal eloquence of Shakespeare’s masterful language is a story of innocence and revenge that will keep you riveted to your seat. From the famous balcony scene to epic sword fights, William Shakespeare’s tragic romance remains unchallenged as one of the most enduring works in all of western literature. Directed by Tony Rust. Sponsored by PayneWest Insurance. Tickets: Adults $25, Youth $15 (FINAL PERFORMANCE)
• Masonic Lodge Community Breakfast, 8-11 am, 33322 Row River Rd. Adults-$6 ($5 w/ can of food) Menu: Eggs, sausage, ham, French toast, pancakes, potatoes, biscuits & gravy, juice, tea & coffee
• Soup’s On, 5-6 pm at CG Community Center, FREE full-course meal (Donations welcome)
■ MEETINGS: None
• Axe & Fiddle, 657 E Main St. For more info: Call 541-942-5942 or Visit axeandfiddle.com/calendar Tas Cru & the Tortured Souls (genre?), 8 pm, Free
• Village Green Resort Fireside Lounge, 725 Row River Rd. For more info: Call 541-942-2491 No Cover Charge Dave Bock (solo guitar), 7-9 pm